Wanted: a nice home

In Finland in 25 years I've moved altogether 3 times. In the UK in 3 years I've moved altogether 5 times. In Aberdeen as well as in London I was homeless for a while, so I truly respect a roof on my head. But even though having a roof and four walls is something that you can survive with, it's not enough. I want a comfortable home with easy access to work and shopping centres. 


 The student cuarters of St Paul in Aberdeen, my 1st Aberdeen apartment
Castle Gate, my 3rd apartment in Aberdeen on the edge there (gorgeous flat!)

I thought I had grown over the age of sharing a flat with strangers, but in reality it's the best possible option when moving into a country you know nothing about, don't speak the language and don't know anyone from. A lovely, lovely contact at my future work place had found me an option right next to the lake Strkovec with a really nice-looking room. I would share a house with three Slovaks who (according to them) like a clean house and going out with friends: we'll get along!

Court Way in London, a lovely flat, the best flatmates I could have ever had and the second most troublesome landlord I ever had...

I'm taking a huge risk agreeing to a room that I haven't personally seen except in pictures and with people who I don't know. And with my background with rental apartments I shouldn't take any risks ever again. I do try to make sure that if things don't work out I'll end up on top but if there's something I know after all my travels is that you never, ever know. 

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Challenge Accepted !

How Do I Cherish the Moment