As soon as I saw you I knew adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh


I've been super lucky to have had many, many really good friends in my life. Sometimes, with some people, you just click. My darling girls are my everything and whenever I've been so down that I've pretty much been knocking on the gates of depression the thing that has kept me relatively sane is the fact that I have such awesome friends around me! No matter what shit life throws at me, I'll be fine as long as I have them :)


One of them I met when we were only little girls, playing in the snow. We ended up in the same class around the age of 8 and the rest is history. History that includes sitting at a bus stop in -20 degrees after being thrown out of a club before really even getting in trying to sober up so that I could call dad to come and pick us up; fighting over boys and what other stupid shit; going through worst times and the best times together. No matter if we sometimes lost touch for years, we always found a way back to each other because, as Emma Thompson said in the best movie ever, Love Actually: True love lasts a lifetime ;)

Then there was this time when I finally got to realize my biggest obsession because my mum did the craziest thing ever and let me, as only a 15-year-old, go to Brighton, England ALONE for a month. And thank goodness she did because there I met my kindred spirit, another UK-loving-nutter who very quickly became one of the most precious people to me. We don't see each other often enough but we always stay in touch, and even if we haven't talked for a year, when we get together it's like no time has passed at all.


After high school I had this weird strike of luck and somehow got into Uni. I don't even want to think about what my life would be like if I hadn't gotten in! That would've meant me missing out on meeting these amazing girls from all over Finland who have become a huge and extremely important part of my life. Being able to trust someone is very important to me and I know (from personal experience :D!) that in these girls I can: they won't talk shit behind my back. Instead if I do something stupid they will let me know! And as hard as it can sometimes be to hear an honest truth about your own behaviour I appreciate their honesty so much I can't even put it into words. Because I would rather get honest feedback and work on my manners than be a burden in any way to the people most important to me.


So, why so sentimental? Well, I've always thought like this about my friends. But when living abroad I think about them all the time. Also I am so excited - that I have difficulty staying in my trousers (that's why today I am wearing a dress) - because some of these very important girls are coming to Bratislava this weekend to visit me and we are also going to go see Vienna. Which just now reminds me, I have to start googleing restaurants around here! 

And since I started this with the help of Winnie the Pooh I shall finish this with the help of Winnie the Pooh: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." So true :)

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Challenge Accepted !

How Do I Cherish the Moment