Ode to all things Finnish


I started a tradition of buying something from Marimekko when I moved to London. Back then it was trainers. This time I had spotted a beautiful clutch from them in a magazine and I had to have it. The print was so rare, though, that it was maybe only sold in an outlet in Helsinki. I asked for help from friends in Helsinki and they told me that the bag wasn't available anymore.

So, you can imagine the delight I, as a hopeless materialist, experienced when my friends surprised me with this beauty on my last night in Finland. Goes to show how special my friends are; they get me. And that's why they are so bloody important to me! ♥


I would also like to pay homage to all the old and faithful Nokia phones! The ones that will still work after the wold has ended. Once again taking my old Nokia with me was the bestest idea: after landing in Bratislava airport I was able to call mum and then my Samsung decided it would co-operate no more. I couldn't call, I couldn't text, I didn't have any means of connecting anyone. Until I remembered the Nokia at the bottom of my bag. And halleluja I was within reach of everyone again. 

Also, I absolutely had to get my Iittala glasses here with me when I moved, they are such nice addition to my room's decor. So, long live Finnish design!.... and may it be discovered elsewhere as well.

Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Challenge Accepted !

How Do I Cherish the Moment